And well, I’m contemplating keeping this.
It’s been a crazy experiment in our household. Like I’ve mentioned previously, we decided to go vegetarian after I’ve watched What The Health and was inspired to make sweeping changes to our diet and lifestyle.
As a result, I lost weight, my skin became a lot clearer, and I have more energy. My hubby can report the same. Bear has always had a plant-based diet (he was never a big red meat eater), so there was no change to him.
So, let’s start off with the pros:
- Our grocery bill became much cheaper since most of the money went towards fruits, veggies, and legumes. Very little chicken and fish were added. Huge bonus.
- We both lost weight! I lost 6 lbs. and bae lost 3lbs. Not too shabby!
- More energy…definitely a lot more energy because we weren’t so sluggish with red meat in our systems. We both slept a lot easier.
- We consumed a lot more water. Now water is usually our first drink of choice.
- We now make a lot better choices in our food consumption. I haven’t completely stopped eating fast food but only limit it to just once a week as a treat/cheat.
- On a personal (feminine) note, my period was a lot easier to deal with.
- We came up with pretty awesome ideas for food and for Maks’s bentos.
Of course, where there are pros, there are some cons:
- While our grocery bill was cheaper, we did make more trips to the grocery store because fruits and veggies have a small shelf life.
- Meal planning was challenging. While the food choices were awesome, it was challenging to come up with enough food to satisfy all of the dietary needs.
- Because of the shock to our systems, the first week of bowel movements were well….straining. Of course, drinking a ton of water alleviated that.
In conclusion, I’ll probably stick with being a vegetarian (or semi-vegetarian), while Maks has opted to go back to eating meat but only limited portions. It was a great experiment for us and I hope someone found our experiment to be useful. 🙂
Last but not least, since I am losing weight and hubby is a photographer, we decided to do a nude photo shoot. Yes, I’ll be posing nude. Of course, this means I’ll be really shaping up now and I hope to debut the pics in December or January.
This is going to be interesting…