I have big lips. If you followed this blog for a while, you know this. I can’t hide them nor would I want to. Women pay for a pout like mine.
So, when it comes to moisturizing them, I wouldn’t say I spend a lot of money (really, I don’t), but I’m very picky about what I put on them. Not all lip moisturizers are the same and you can get a really good one for very cheap and it’ll last forever (Burt’s Bees and Carmex are my cheap favorites).
Anyway, I was in my local CVS the other day, spending money I don’t have on stuff I really don’t need (isn’t that how it always go?) when I came across Shea Moisture’s lip balm!
I was intrigued. But let’s take a look at the ingredients:
So far so good.
Cruelty-free and fair trade ingredients? Sign me up!
Let’s take a look inside:
Not bad at all! Okay, not for the ultimate test. A before pic:
Even though this pic is slightly blurry, you can tell how dry my lips are. They need moisture STAT!
Here’s an after pic:
Night and day, huh? See how juicy and plump they look? Looking like a nice grapefruit!
Now that we’ve played the game, what’s the review?
- Shea Moisture is a trust-worthy brand. Yes. I said that. I already aired out my grievances with them here if you want to take a look.
- You can get this product pretty much everywhere – Target, CVS, Walmart. Note, I couldn’t find it on Amazon quite yet because I think this is still a relatively brand spanking new product.
- Cheap…ish. I paid a little under $4 for this. Compared to Nivea and EOS, which both brands can run $4 or more, this is not a bad deal for Shea Moisture.
- It goes on hella thick so the first time you use it, you might press out too much.
- There is a noticeable but small scent. If you have a sensitive nose, buyer beware. (I have a sensitive nose and it didn’t bother me too much but it was something I had to get used to.)
- Remember when I said this was cheap-ish? It’s a bit pricey compared to the aforementioned Burt’s Bees and Carmex, you can get for under $2.
I do recommend. I recommend this for the vegan and cruelty-free aspects. I also recommend this because it did moisturize very well. So give it a try! Your pout will thank you!