Okay, so I’m dedicated to my old faithful of Clinique, though it’s becoming harder to locate in stores now. So, I’m opting to try out other cleansers and hoping they do the same or better job.
Retail price is $16.00 and pretty much available everywhere. I got this at Macy’s.
Now we know the player, let’s play the game:
I wet my brushes and poured the cleanser on them. I rubbed my brushes with my fingertips and tried to get within every nook and cranny to clean them.
I often had to repeat because my brushes were pretty filthy (I do clean my brushes every week).
I did get the job done, however:
So let’s start with the pros and cons:
- MAC is a reliable brand on the upswing. Very solid brand.
- The cleanser is about the same price I’ve paid for others so reasonable.
- Available on maccosemetics.com, macys.com, and I believe, Amazon.
- Very light, hardly any fragrance.
- I had to use A LOT. I was constantly pouring and honestly, I’m not sure if that was worth the money.
- The substance is very watery, so if you’re used to thicker cleansers, you might not like this.
- I bought this a little over two weeks ago and I’m just about out, so I’m not sure if it’s an investment I want to make. (I will chalk it up that I might have used too much, however my brushes were dirty as hayle.)
Do I recommend MAC’s brush cleanser? I don’t know. It does clean very well, but you have to use a lot (which is also the same issue I had with Clinique, but with Clinique, there was a pump so you could control how much came out).
If I had to do decide, I would say no because I think even if you used just plain soap and water, you might clean your brushes better.
What are your favorite brush cleansers?