So, I’ve been on the search for the perfect shampoo for Bear. He has super curly hair. If I had to put him into a category, it’ll be 3A/3B hair type. This is a child who does a lot of things with his hair – he pulls on it, he wipes his dirty hands on it, he has no qualms getting it wet. While he might not care about his hair, I kinda do. I like to have it as clean as possible.
Before I started using shampoo on him, I used just the regular body wash. I don’t know what I was thinking. The body wash is meant just for that – the body. The body wash weighed his hair down. One day, I decided out of curiosity, ‘I wonder how this shampoo would benefit his hair?’
I tried it and guess what? He loved it! Eventually, I’ll do another shampoo video but here’s an example of his wash routine:
Anyway, let’s get down to business –
L’Oreal EverCurl Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
The shampoo is silky and smooth. The conditioner has nice slip and doesn’t feel heavy or sticky.
Both are light. Not overly powerful. It didn’t bother Bear, which is very important.
It’s pricey – I’ve seen the shampoo and conditioner retail for as much as $12.99 and as little as $7.99, separately.
- I pour a little shampoo in my hand and give Bear a scalp massage. Clean from root to tip.
- Follow-up with the EverCurl conditioner. Leave on for a couple of minutes and rinse.
- Towel-dry and detangle with a brush and a detangling leave-in (which I will do a separate review on!).
Note: I don’t wash Bear’s hair every day. One, I don’t want to dry out his hair. Two, I don’t think he really needs a washing every day. There are times when I do multiple washings (like two days in a row, so on) because boys like to get dirty and often. Whenever I don’t wash his hair with shampoo, I use a co-washing conditioner.
And for second day hair:
And another up-close pic of it:
- Very clean, both products. Light smell.
- It’s sulfate-free and not full of a lot of chemicals.
- A little goes a long a way.
- Strictly for curly hair types*
- You can find this at any beauty supply store, Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, and Amazon.
- It’s pricey. This would be considered medium-grade of shampoo and conditioner.
- *While it says it’s for all curly hair types, I honestly believe it’s best for the Type 3 hair types.
In conclusion, I do recommend L’Oreal’s EverCurl shampoo and conditioner.
I’m still going to do my long-awaited Mixed Chicks shampoo review. Anyway, I hope this review helps you in your future purchase!