As I continue to experiment with Bear’s hair, I love trying new products. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the Aunt Jackie’s brand so I decided to give it a whirl for both me and Bear. The results weren’t all that great for me but for Bear, it was a miracle worker. Let’s get right into it.
It’s a cream so it’s thick.
Very light. Honestly, there really isn’t that much of a smell. Not heavy which is good if you have a sensitive nose like I do.
Cheap! I paid $10.96 (Amazon) for this.
I would completely wet Bear’s hair and slather the cream on. I’d let it sit for a few minutes before I rinse it off. I know some parents put the co-wash on a couple times (you would use it like you would shampoo) but I always felt putting it on once was sufficient).
And for another look:
It made Bear’s hair super easy to detangle! So easy!
- Aunt Jackie’s is available at Amazon, Target (online), and some select beauty shops.
- It’s affordable.
- It’s very light in texture and fragrance.
- I think it works best on Type 3 and Type 4 hair. I believe this might be too heavy for Type 2 hair.
- A few people have claimed it works well on adult hair. I didn’t find that to be the case at all.
- The blue cream might be off-putting to some.
- Despite the title, it’s not just for girls.
In conclusion, I do recommend this for your child. As an adult, I’m still not entirely sold.