Great news! Yoda finally caught up! My EDD is back to the original – 11/18. So flippin’ excited!
So what’s Yoda up to this week? Let’s find out!
According to The Bump:
Things are changing fast. You’re reaching the home stretch of the first trimester (we know, finally!) at 12 weeks which means your hormones are likely to tone things down a bit — which might make you feel a little less emotional! And it will probably help the symptoms subside a bit, too. One warning though: your morning sickness and fatigue might get replaced by headaches and dizziness. But we think that’s a reasonable trade-off. The other big change? Baby’s almost done developing her body’s important systems and parts, which means, it’s mostly about getting bigger and more mature from here on out. Around week 12, you might want to know more about baby, so you’re probably having genetic testing done to determine her risk of birth defects or other problems. This can be a little scary — and confusing — so be sure to ask your OB plenty of questions, and know that it’s much more likely baby’s A-OK than anything else.
And for Yoda:
- Most of her critical systems are fully formed!
- She’s about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
- She’s now developing her reflexes — if you poke her body, she’ll likely move.
- She’s opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.
- Her brain is developing fast!
So what size is Yoda this week?
Just think…Yoda was a poppyseed just eight weeks ago! Yikes!