I think I just found a new favorite.
As I mentioned before, finding a great leave-in can be rather a chore. You have to have something that conditions your hair but is not overpowering or sticky. It’s tough in these natural streets!
I found a great leave-in for not only myself, but really, for my entire family! Yeah, when I saw this works on all hair types, I sincerely mean that.
According to the Curls website, the leave-in conditioner is supposed to:
Repair, restore, and condition your overworked curls with this uber softening leave in conditioner. Formulated certified organic blueberry extract, coconut oil, grapeseed oil and mango butter. Clinically proven to repair damaged hair, encourage hair growth, and prevent breakage.
Purified Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Certified Organic Blueberry Fruit Extract, Certified Organic Coconut Oil, Glycereth-26, Sorbitol, Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Silk Amino Acids, Certified Organic Chamomile Flower Extract, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol
Now you know the player, let’s see how this game is played:
I either wash (shampoo or cowash) my hair and then apply the leave-in. It’s so creamy and moisturizing, I would just leave it as is without applying anything additional. I do the same thing with Bear’s hair and with Maks’s hair.
Note: I had to lighten this picture so you could see how my curls were poppin’.
Now let’s see how the leave-in looked on Bear:
It made a huge difference with Bear’s Type 3 hair. His hair became more manageable and very, very easy to detangle! We have a winner!
- The Curls Blueberry Bliss line is relatively new.
- It’s available everywhere online and in store. I got this from Target.
- It’s affordable. I paid $11.99 for a bottle.
- It smells great!
- No sticky or yucky residue on your hands.
- You would probably use a bit more than you thought you would. While this conditions my hair very well, I ended up using a few squeezes to throughly moisturize my hair.
- It’s a bit hard to get out towards the end of the bottle but that’s true for most products.
- If used regularly, it doesn’t last very long.
- For those who try to avoid all sulfates, this product contains them.
Overall, I do recommend Curls Blueberry Bliss Leave-in conditioner!