Hello! And I’m back with another review of some of the hair care products I’ve tried over the year. Since I have a few, I’m going to make this as condense as possible. This time I’m reviewing creams, custards, and leave-ins.
Let’s get started!
Aunt Jackie’s Quench!
At first, I wasn’t a fan of this product. It smelled pretty sweet and I wasn’t a fan of the consistency on my hair (putting it on sounded like crumpling a paper into a ball). After a while, my hair adjusted to it and well, loved it!
- Affordable. I paid around $8.95 for this.
- Aunt Jackie’s is relatively new but respectable brand.
- Great for Type 4 hair. I didn’t try it on Bear’s hair (type 3).
- Kept my hair moisturized all day.
- Smells pretty sweet. If you have a sensitive nose, this might be annoying.
- Not available everywhere. I found it at my local beauty supply but I’ve seen it available mostly at CurlMart.com, Amazon, and Target.com.
- Takes a while to dry. It goes on white but dries clear.
Overall, I do recommend it.
Honestly, my jury is still out on this. I bought it because of the rave reviews and I’ve only used it less than five times because I just wasn’t sold on it. Now as you can tell by the pics below, my curls did pop but I don’t know…I just wasn’t feeling it. I guess I wasn’t in love though it’s good for me (ladies, does that sound familiar?)
As always, just because I don’t like it, it doesn’t mean it’s a bad product; it just wasn’t for me.
- It was easy to apply; not a lot of mess.
- Doesn’t smell too sweet.
- Kept my hair moisturized for most of the day.
- The consistency could be a little lumpy and maybe off-putting for some.
- It goes on white and dries clear, though if you put too much on, it’ll leave a bit of a mess.
- Hair started drying up towards end of the day.
- A little pricey. I paid around $16.95.
- Not widely available. I found this on target.com and amazon.com
Again, my jury is still out. If I had to make a decision, yes, I do recommend it.
Dove Leave-In Detangler
I purchased this for Bear and again, my jury is still out. While it did curl his hair up nicely, there was some frizz I wasn’t a fan of (and you can tell in the picture). Still, I won’t give up on this quite yet. It had little to no effect to my Type 4 hair.
- Affordable. I paid $5.99 for this.
- Dove is a strong brand.
- Great for curly hair (Type 3)
- Available pretty much everywhere.
- Not recommended for Type 4 hair.
- You have to use a lot to have the desired effect; this might potentially affect your wallet in the long run.
- Hair can still frizz up.
Overall, I recommend this if you have Type 3 hair. I do not recommend this for Type 4.
Thank you for visiting the hair leave-ins, creams, and detangles edition of Product Review week. I know I’m late on posting so thank you for being so patient. I have one more product review post coming up and that’s makeup!