It’s been a while since I’ve done a makeup review, so let’s kick this year off right with a product from E.L.F.
E.L.F. stands for Eyes, Lips, Face (clever!) and while they’re still considered to be a small brand, they have exponentially grown in size and popularity! I decided to test drive their brown sugar lip exfoliator:
Now, it’s supposed to help exfoliate and soften your lips prior to applying your lip treatment or color.
Ingredients for those who care:
It sounds good but the question is, does it work? Let’s find out!
I have to do a before and after so you can understand what I’m working with:
Yes, all me. No filters, injections, or fat transfers. Just blessed by God.
It looks like the standard lipstick. Putting it on, that’s when I felt the difference. It’s definitely a scrub. I put it on my lips and let it sit for a 1-2 minutes before scrubbing it off with water and a pad.
Obligatory scrub photo.
My lips felt fresher and rejuvenated on the first try. Not bad.
So, let’s review:
- ELF is a respected brand.
- Very cheap! I paid $6 for this but you can probably get it even cheaper at other places.
- Available pretty much everywhere – ELF stores, CVS, Target, Walmart, Amazon.
- It works!
- The brown sugar scent is yummy and for what’s worth, it does taste great.
- It’s rough! Which is a well, duh, but trust me, you might be a little surprised at how rough it is.
- It’s not meant for everyday use. In case your lips need a little extra TLC, use lip balm.
- Because it is a scrub, it might be as effective the remaining times because you are repeatedly putting it on your lips. (This is still a personal opinion but it’s something I have encountered).
Overall, I do recommend it for a cheap lip exfoliator.
What other lip exfoliators have you tried?