So, recently, I had a rather nasty allergic reaction. While I like to try new food and products, I’m also pretty mindful of what I consume. Sometimes, it’s amazeballs and sometimes, it really sucks.
I had a rather nasty reaction to a favorite brand of mine, Nivea, and had to immediately discontinue. On the hunt for a new soap wasn’t what I would like to call a good time. For one, I have a very sensitive nose so I can’t go around smelling too many products before I get a migraine. Two, now that I’m trying to live a cleaner life, I really don’t want too many unpronounceable products on me, in me, you get the point.
Enter. Dr. Bronner’s.
I’ve seen their products for years and have never used them. Not that I didn’t want to but I just didn’t see the need to. So, of course, we’re doing a clean living challenge and I just had an allergic reaction…why not?
The bar is surprisingly wider and bigger than I expected (tbh, not sure what I was expecting). But, that’s the best part of it. It smells really good! It’s not fragrant. You won’t get a migraine or a bad headache. It’s light enough where you can barely smell it, but it’s nice enough where you can smell a bit of the almond.
And of course, it’s vegan and cruelty-free.
I really love their packaging. Very spiritual but not beating you with a Bible or dousing you with Holy Water.
And for those who care, it’s certified by the Fair Trade Act.
- It’s pretty much available everywhere. Mostly located in the health section.
- It lasts for a very long time.
- It smells very good. Not too heavy.
- Many people said they’ve used the soap for all sorts of things – cleaning, bathing, laundry, dishes, etc. I haven’t testified to anything other than body wash, but apparently the soap really is “all in one.”
- If you’re not used to the soap, it might be off-putting. Some people prefer the body wash (it comes in that as well).
Now, it’s not a miracle worker. Don’t think you’re going to use this and all of sudden, you’re going to wake up with a new president who’s not a Nazi, an 850 credit score, and an account with more zeroes you can count. But your skin will feel better. And most importantly, you’ll feel better.
So, give it a try!