I’m on a mission to try as many conditioning washes (otherwise known as cowash) as possible. Even ones I’m not sure about. Even ones I never heard about. Even ones I love so I can just spread the word.
Yeah, I get like that when I see a new product I want to try.
I recently tried Creme of Nature’s Pure-Licious Co-Wash. I’m familiar with the Creme of Nature brand as I’ve used their hair dye before and a few other products so I was very anxious to try their cowash.
Enough with the chit-chat, onto the review:
It’s thick. Super thick. Like you’re doing the Harlem Shake to get this out of the bottle thick.
Very affordable. The cheapest I’ve seen it was $7.99. The most expensive was $10.99.
I moisten my hair and let the water soak through it. I apply a generous amount of the cowash to my hair and detangle while I’m in the shower. I then leave it on for a few minutes as I wash and rinse. Towel-dry and put in my favorite (at the moment) leave-in. Ultimate wash and go!
- It’s relatively cheap. Amazon has it listed around $11 but I’ve seen it even cheaper, $7.99
- It does condition nicely.
- It works best for Type 4 hair.
- I didn’t like the smell. I’m not sure if it’s the Argan oil or some mixture but I really didn’t care for it.
- It’s hard to get out of the bottle.
- Not toddler-friendly (because of the smell). I didn’t try it on Bear for that purpose.
Bottom line – I’m not entirely sure about this one. I didn’t like the smell and despite how much I used the cowash (at least twice weekly), I never got used to it. While it did leave my hair soft and manageable, the smell made me not want to use it. So I can’t say I would use this again (probably not) but you might like it so give it a try.